Friday, January 26, 2007

Winter Training Camp Day 5.

Let's see. As far as training goes, I was on the trainer for 1 1/2 hours last night. Short, intense intervals. Tired, puking body. Weights tonight. Strong this summer.

Now back to the winter training camp day 5. Well, day 5 (Monday) turned out to be the 2nd warmest day while we were there. I didn't even need to wear both jerseys, but I did have to still wear arm/leg warmers and a vest. I left from the hotel and headed towards the (white?) mountains.

30 minutes later I was about to start the climb. You can't see in the pic, but there a bunch of radio towers at the top.
After 3 miles of false flat the real climb began.
After many miles I was closer to the top.

Ahhh. The towers.

(Sung to Fergalicious by The Black Eyed Peas)...Smogalicious, definition, make the city look nasty. It's smogalicious. It's got people driving in their cars, making pollution their mission.
Blazing down the 7 mile descent I found myself going much faster then the cars. This guy was nice enough to pull over and let me fly by about 4 miles before this picture.

A pic from the handlebar cam. Pretty silly huh?

Well, I rode around the flat roads for a long while and then returned to the mountain. I had only enough time to make it 4 miles up the climb. Then I turned around to TT it back to the hotel. We (me and my baby's momma) had just enough time to box up the bike, get some food, and make it to the airport. I ended with another 3 1/2 hours of winter training camp riding.

Oh, my super secret operative at Fisher hand delivered some goods the other day. Pics will come. Ohhhhh, I am pumped!

Less bloggy, bloggy. More worky, worky.

No comments: