Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Rolling carbon

So this last weekend was spent up at the cabin in Cable, WI with the folks, the wife, the kid, a brother, and the sister. Good weather, fun times. The men ruled at Bocce Ball, we ate, I rode. It was all good.

Little tidbit I did not expect when I got up there was that many of the trails were open! I rocked out Ojibwe more than once as that was the super fun one close to me open. Rock Lake is run by the government, so we have to wait for Obama to open that. Hatchery Creek and Makwa are set to open this weekend.

The Superfly is just that. I don't know if it is the carbon wheels, carbon crank, carbon frame, carbon fork, carbon seatpost, carbon levered brakes, carbon bottomed saddle, carbon bottle cages, or the carbon bar that will go on it after Transiowa. This bike seems smoother and stiffer in all the right ways compared to my old Paragon and Rig. It has rocked out gravel, road, bike path, dirt, and rocks. A little gravel road race in Red Wing this weekend should be child's play for this bad mamma jamma.

Here I am on what I think was Helen Lake road.


What do you say Ojibwe?

Some pretraining training.

To end the weekend on a good note my 29er crew costume was waiting for me at the door! This is some high quality Bontrager threads that do a good job hiding my fat rolls. I am sure to look spiffy this weekend!

And with that, BTW.

No comments: