Saturday, November 04, 2006

Little cold, a little hot.

Becky is in process of training for her 5th (?) marathon. Today she was wanted to run 13 miles as part of that. I decided to run with her the last portion. I met her at one of our rentals after showing it and we did a 4.5 mile loop. This morning when she started it was cold and drizzling. By the time we got done with our loop it warmed up and I was dying to get the rain jacket, gloves, and hat off. We then did another 2 miles. I ended with 6.5 miles, at around a 9 minute pace, and sweaty. She ended with 13.6 miles at an 8:50 pace.

Is 9 minutes good, is 6.5 miles good for only my third run? I don't care. I just needed to get in a workout and I like hanging with the woman, but this running thing is getting easier. She thinks I have a secret desire to run a half marathon. Oh, she is so misguided.

Nina ran the whole thing with her mom. She started with a jacket that was soaked and then removed. Her legs were all dirty from the wet gound. You know what that means...

A BATH!!! This is very far down the list on Nina's favorite things to do.

No comments: