Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Revving the engine in park.

Updating the blog, hmmm yeah that is a thought.

Let's see what I could fill everyone in on. This weekend saw "Front Load" and I traveling to the state of cheese and QB controversies for baby and bike stuff.

Becky's 1st of 2 baby showers went really well. Good food, good family and friends, and good fun. Her sister and mother threw her a great shower filled with lots-o-baby stuff. Somehow we were able to fit everything in the car for the trip back.

I was already to go for my second endurance race of the year. I felt good, but not great before the start. Get there and the rain that we were seeing caused a delay of an hour. Then they decided to delay it another hour, and then to cancel. I guess it is bad news when that course and moisture dance. I was looking forward to riding because I like it when the race gets tougher (as long as I don't have to get off the bike). I was fine with that as it meant I was still undefeated in my long races (1 for 1 is just so dang impressive), but I am now disappointed as that was going to be the last kick in the pants before 24 hours of 9 mile. I did get chance to meet Chris, a guy that is one to keep an eye on at these races.

Monday the wifey and I celebrated our 7th anniversary in the traditional way. We did beer bongs and shots of whiskey until one of us passed out.

How about some pictures....




Bling, bling baby style.


Everyone say hey!! HEEEEYYY!!! Everyone say ho! HOOOO!! Now scream! AHHHHHHHHH!



All packed and ready to rumble.




But rain and the Metro course spell trouble.


Seven years and going.




32 weeks and growing.

One side note. I love my Trek Top Fuel 69'er. I cannot find a single complaint with that bike. Nothing else that I wish for or would want to change. My only hope is that it is still in the Trek line up for '09. I'll find out here soon enough at Trek world I guess.
.
Now back to work for both of us.

No comments: