Friday, January 24, 2014

Arrowhead preshow




So this winter I had my sights on a Tuscobia 150 win and an Iditarod Trail decent finish.  I figured with the training, Arrowhead 135 would take care of itself.

Well, I had great legs pretty much all day at Tuscobia, but stomach issues made things interesting.  That stomach bug has been flaring up a bit, adding to the cold, and bad ankle sprain I have dealt with since the race.  Needless to say, I have been in rough shape and I don't expect to light up the trail.  In fact, had the race been held Wednesday I would have been declined to start as every muscle ached with whatever I have.  Thursday was not as bad, but not good and may have resulted in a DNS as well.

Anyways, I did finally get out for a couple 4 hour rides this weekend.  Lots of new soft snow made things fun (see picture) and I was happy with my fitness considering how things have been going

I also have been very happy with the Wolftooth GC cog I am lucky to test.  I can't really show a pic, but here is my GC damage free cassette body as it has a nice large base.  The rest of the cogs, well, they have made their mark.

No comments: