Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Proto can fly!

So it came to my attention from a loyal reader that I wasn't clear enough that I had won this last weekend.  Just to make it clear, I won.  I not only won, but I crushed the spirits of all who tried to get between me and the finish.  Plus, crossing the finish line the only other person that can be seen is a dog walker.  Add in I showed off a finish line celebration that will make Alberto Contador change over from his pistelero gun gestures.  I dominated like Lance at the Tour.  It was shameful the way I destroyed the egos of all who dared to toe the line with a masterful artisan fat bike dominator like myself.  All hail Charly, king of the "Get Fat with Pat" fatbike race.

There, was that clear enough?  This is a picture of me crossing the finish line with a little style.  We had about 1/2 mile of this road every lap. 
Picture viciously stolen from here.


Proto is now injured.  I found that my upper der pulley was badly cracked.  It fell apart when I simply touched it.  That could have been bad for Arrowhead.  Pulleys should be here tonight.  Then some more vroom vroom.

5 comments:

Ari said...

Tacx makes some very good pulleys and they dont cost an arm and leg. Congrats on winning. I hope you continue your streak.
best,
ari

Unknown said...

Does the coolness ever stop for you?

Charly Tri said...

That's a rhetorical question right, Bob?

Ari, I'll look into that next time. Ari, if I could extend my 1 race winning "streak" to this coming Monday I would be crazy happy.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a Charlie ' I won ' that I would expect. That will make Kickstarter jump,for joy.....

Unknown said...

Bam! See what I mean. Coolness oozes from you. Good luck racing.