Monday, January 21, 2013

Congrats Salsa Cycles!

There is something that all the big brands can hold place high on their mantel.  It is an honor that has always been for the "big guys", the true movers and shakers.  It has always been that the little guys are stuck on the sidelines only wishing they could join in on this coveted acheivement.  Well Salsa, fret no more.

Say hello to your own disgraced doper riding your bike!  You have stepped up to the plate against the big boys and knocked this out of the park!  This would be Levi Leipheimer soaking up his "Adventure by Bike" by poaching a local mountain bike race.  Now I await the well thought out public announcement that they are not supporting, have never supported, nor will ever supported Levi "Wheel Sucker" Leipheimer. 

Bravo Salsa, bravo.  Trek, Specialized, Giant, etc. look out!

Now I want to see Micheal Rasmussen on a Surly Big Dummy.

6 comments:

J-No said...

I don't get it. Was this wrong? It was an unsanctioned ride. He can ride it if he wants, correct? Almanzo, Rag, TI, Arrowhead, all of these are open to these guys as well?

Was this a Salsa event? Did he ride a Kung Foo Chro-moly frame?

What if he and Dopestrong showed up at Gravel Conspiracy? Hot tub was overflowing with dudes the way it was. Lance could have told stories of sexual conquest with Michelle from "Full House" and Sheryl Crow.



J-No said...

EDIT: I see he was indeed riding a Kung Foo Chromoly frame. I see the Salsa coneection now.

rideonpurpose said...

KFC

Charly Tri said...

KFC? What does Colonel Sanders have to do with this momentous achievement?

Anonymous said...

May I remind you that without a therapeutic use exemption you are technically also a doper. I don't personally consider you a doper, but the rules do.

Charly Tri said...

You are 100% correct. I don't have a TUE, just occasional crippling asthma attacks. Doctor Scanlon at the Mayo Clinic did offer to write me one, but I declined as I don't plan on ever racing at a level that I would need it.