Monday, April 23, 2012

Nobody loves me in Iowa

This weekend is Transiowa and my goals are the same as the last time I went in 2010; have fun, ride hard.

This time I am all alone.  J-No and Dukek both backed out so I am driving down by myself.  No one seems to have space so I am left to figure out sleeping arrangements for myself.  Not wanting to pay for a hotel room by myself, I think I may have an uncomfortable night sleep in my car.  Nobody wants me.

This will be attempt #4. 
#1 was the very first edition and I was unprepared and not in proper shape for the crazy headwinds.   85 miles in I DNF'd.
#2 My rear der completely came apart 55 miles in.  I tried and tried to single speed it, but no luck. 
#3 No one technically finished because of the weather.  Parts of the race left a bitter taste in my mouth.  As long as I have a functioning bike and cue cards, my intention is forward progress no matter.

So wish me luck, wish ill will, but looks like I will be fending for myself.

To J-No and Dukek, you are dead to me.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Virginia is for lovers and Iowa is for hater's?

Ben said...

Rip It.

Charly Tri said...

Iowa may just not like me. I guess Transiowa specifically as it has never worked out.

Ben, I'll try.

Brian D. said...

If you want to borrow a real frame bag you can borrow my large size tangle bag. But you need to throw me a little man love first.

Charly Tri said...

***SHUN OFF***Uh, man love? I am not sure it is worth it. Thanks, but I measured for a tangle bag. The large is too big, the medium would be just right, but then I would have to run at least one smaller bottle as it would hang pretty low. I actually really like my bag on it's fit and size.***RESUME SHUNNING***

Jay said...

Im sure we can find some floor space for you in our hotel room if you don't want to sleep in the car.

- Jay

Charly Tri said...

Thanks, I already found someone to shack up with.