Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Riding the 907

So I have been able to take the new bike for some shake down rides and to say that I am impressed would be an understatement. The lightweight, frame stiffness, and handling are simply spot on. I was also excited to get in my first sub zero ride of the year in just the beginning of December. There is something surreal about riding for hours at a temp that keeps people from taking out the trash.

This night was after 16" of new snow. The only way I could ride the trails was with the tires almost riding on the rim from the low pressure. The trail would firm up farther down, which is where this pic was taken. Comparing the non compressed tire to the width of the actual track was something unique. Thank goodness for the wide rims, but it had me wondering about the 100's.


16 inches of snow makes for fun sidewalk single track on the way to the snowmobile trails. I would spot Kuske clearing his driveway soon after this. Deep snow is his Fargo's kryptonite. As weird as it is to say, the Fargo could have a flaw (said with tongue in cheek).


This was taken on a previous ride as the storm started. Although you can't make it out well, my shoes brushed the snow with each revolution. This section was an exercise in resistance.


The bike rocks and I would not be doing it justice if there was not a shot of the logo while riding.

So that is it, tomorrow we will discuss Grizzly Adams.

Back to work!

No comments: