Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So as I take it easy on the bike this way it gives me a chance to reflect on how spiritual and enlightening a 24 hour race can be on the soul. I can see within myself and find the true meaning of my existence. I am sure I will find myself while racing for 24 hours this weekend.

Just kidding. It hurts. Right around 4 hours the suckiness starts to really set in and it is just a matter of will often times. Soul, schmoul. The only enlightenment I hope to see is the sunrise Sunday morning and my name being chanted through the hills of Afton.

Oh, and I am finding out that there will be a whole bunch of good competition. I am giddy with anticipation. I just hope Dan brings plenty of Mountain Dew. You hear me Dan? Yeah, you do. Like a spider monkey, a spider monkey.

BTW

No comments: