Tuesday, August 05, 2008

24-9 prereport race report.

Well the 24 hour national championships did not go as planned. I was having some unexplained problems with the muscles around my left knee the day before the event. During the event the muscle was tightening up. It got to the point where I was only getting about 50% power out of my left leg during the race and I was starting to have problems with my upper back. During the 3rd lap I stopped twice to stretch out the muscle. After the 3rd lap (in which I was running in the top 10 without over exerting myself) I pitted to massage out my muscle and to take a break from the increasing heat (my body doesn't do well in the heat). After that my upper back went haywire and the pain was too much to take anymore. I had to pull the plug. Even now as I type this my back is not in any shape to ride hard. I have been to the chiropractor (who was amazed out how messed up my body was), and I have been stretching. Hopefully I can get some redemption for my early dismissal.

Pictures and more to follow.

I work now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... What are your plans for redemption?

Maybe that little Blufflands Epic Race at Human Powered Trails in a couple weeks???

Hope you're feeling better and you get to defend your title!

Janet said...

I was on the look out for you so that I could cheer you on.

Sorry to hear about the knee and back pain. I'm dealing with the same type of issues this year and it can be very discouraging.

Hang in there and take care of yourself!

Janet :-)