Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Winter training. Day 2 and 3.

So day 2 was too chilly to ride with the gear I had brought. So, I hit the town with my baby's momma. Here she is hitting on some other guy (don't tell her it was a statue).

Later that night we checked out the lights on top of a mountain.



Day 3 brought slightly warmer temps. I bundled up with 2 jerseys, arm and leg warmers, and a wind vest (ie., everything I had). It was still a very cold ride even with the gear on. This was on the way out. I stopped to, ahhhh, water the cacti. Superstition mountain is in the background. I went to the base and then hung a left.

The first 10-15 miles were fairly flat. The next 15-20 miles had cool twisty ascents and descents. Canyon Lake was the ultimate destination.
A view of the lake after I turned around as I climb and climbed.

Big cactus. Little bike. Watered plants.

Yeah, when I get old I want to drive everywhere in my golf cart. In the bike lane. With a 12 pack next to me. And a handicap plackard.

Ah, old dude. You just got owned. Note the wind vest pulled up all the way. Brrrr.

So the day ended with 3 1/2 hours of road time. Mileage and climbing were unknown, but I would guess I averaged no less then 28 mph. Mmmm, maybe 30.

Don't you have a job?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

SO... some of us are interested in hearing how the wifey did in the marathon... when's that getting posted???