Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Decorah TT


Since Ragnarok, I have had back problems that have seen me seriously lack any bike time. When I did get on the bike it was not impressive. Rolling through Easter I started getting "good sensations" once again.

Along came the Decorah TT in Iowa. This race has been going on since the early 90's and I have attended more years than I haven't. It is a super fun time, great guys, and heck, even great food at the end. This year we would attack a 6.5 mile course with about 1,000 feet of climbing, tough like always. The mid 40 temps were not doing my asthma any favors, but after lots of puffs and a hard warm up I was able to attack the hills a lot better than I expected. The legs were much stronger than anticipated, but the lungs were the limiting factor. I finished in 37 something minutes. Decorah local strong man Trevor Rockwell took another win in this race on his single speed, Kaleb Himli got me for second 20-30 seconds faster. I finished 3rd overall and 1st in my age group.

Time has been tight lately with projects galore. They are certainly getting added to the list faster than scratched off. Anyways, The Sandwich 50 is this weekend. I am predicting a fight between Kuske and B. Moore for the win and me hoping my fitness is there to not embarrass myself. Then it is off to Cable for the Classic, and then again to Cable for the Chequamegon 100 <-----Excited about that one!

No comments: